Sunday, March 16, 2008

We interrupt this regularly scheduled quilting...




My beautiful daughter is coming home from Kentucky for a week during Spring Break and is bringing her three boys with her. These three are my oldest grandchildren, Chris is 19, Andrew just turned 16, and Blakey is 7. My poor little "Sissie" is a single Mom and is so wonderful with her children, she's buying her own home, paying her own bills, working full time, and fighting the Mommy wars all by herself. I was thinking the other day, (a chore for me these days): Tonia's three stars (her wonderful boys) Tonia's quilt, three quilted stars, I should make a quilt for Sissie with three stars floating in the center square. So, I put aside my purple passion, and off I went on a tangent, only a couple hours later, I ended up with these three stars. I have to go shopping to finish the rest of the top. So far I've only used scraps, but I need more of the background, and I might as well pick up some FQ's to make corner patches that signify all her siblings. It is an easy-peasy pattern, so I should have it done in a week. I have figured it all out in my head. Danger: slippery when thinking!

Hope all the stars in your life are shining bright!
lyn

9 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

Your daughter sounds like an amazing woman - I could only hope that I would be half as capable if I were in the same situation - your grandkids look very much like well adjusted young men. And the quilt sounds absolutely lovely - the stars are gorgeous and I cannot wait to see it in progress and completed. Have fun with your daughter and grandkids this week!!
Kris

QuiltedSimple said...

Yes, Lynn - you are the Lynn. I can't wait to see your answers.

trelly said...

The stars are very beautiful, and the children....adorables"

trelly said...

Thanks a lot for visit my blog, I know that my english is very bad, but I try to write a little when I have oportunity. The next month I'll go to Washington and New York for 12 days, and I am very happy because you can undertand me, then I'll can meet people in USA. Kisses from Spain

trelly said...

I hope to have fun in US. I don't know New York but I love it. I found two stores where I can buy fabrics because here are too expensive (about 27 dolars per yard)and the fabrics are more than here. I like your blog, and I decided add to the list of the blogs that I read every day. Thanks for your simpathy, kisses

Cher said...

these are great blocks! and I think your daughter deserves a quilt and a medal for raising 3 sons on her own!
as a mom of 2 boys-grown thank you very much! I know of what I speak.
they look fabulous too. love the idea of free seeds...I always mean to do that, and just never do.

Norma said...

That is a wonderful picture of your dd and her family. I would be proud of her too!

The quilt stars are wonderful.....and so is the inspiration.

Christine said...

Thanks for your nice comments and including me in your sidebar. Lovely idea to make a quilt for your daughter. Sure she will love it. Those apple purses look very yummy. Not heard of those before. Have a happy Easter. Christine

Finn said...

What a lovely post Lyn! Your DD sounds alot like you, and you have sooo much to be proud of! SHe barely looks old enough to have kids, much less teenagers *VBS* I'm sure the visit will be extra special. A whole week? Wonderful!!
The star you chose to piece is just super...I love that combination and the piecing looks pretty simple and staight forward. Hope you don't mind if I save your idea. The apple purses look like they are 'to die for'...yum, yum!
Big hugs, Finn