Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Waste of time?


Barbie and Ken get a picnic quilt
My DH (see, I'm a big blogger now, with initials and everything) had to have surgery on his back, they go in with probes and zap his nerves. I don't know about you, but I get nervous and can't pay attention to a book while I'm in the hospital, so I brought some hand work with me. I am practicing my hand quilting, I have never done a whole quilt, and so I practice with the littles, that way, if I really mess up, people through the ages will think a child did it,,,,sneaky!
Why is the binding getting to be my favorite part of quilting? Am I the only one?
Have a wonderful night, I'm off to make supper for my DH and my DD...
Lyn

2 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

I love your blog with your quilty pictures - will enjoy reading my way through it!!

Finn said...

What a great little quilt! no need to be ashamed even if a child did quilt it. That's how we all learn to hand quilt.
It's very pretty, a good thing to do while busy worrying and Ken and Barbie will love it! Hugs, Finn