Friday, December 5, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

We are getting an inch an hour in Michigan today, and it's not supposed to stop until Sunday night. Any body want to take bets on a total for two days? We had a visit from Santa already (AKA Mr. Wonderful) did anybody recognise him? Five of our grandchildren were already on his lap this year, and not one of them knew it was Papa!


Then we went home and decorated Christmas cookies...and waited for Papa to "get up from his nap"

We had a wonderful weekend, and now, all the company have gone home and the hugs have went with them. The last of the kids left yesterday, the family room is vacuumed, the bedding is washed, the cookies are all gone, and Granny's house is quiet.
But, the postman continued our Christmas vibe today, and brought the most wonderful package. Norma sent me a new ruler caddy, hand made by her Great White Hunter!!! How did she know I wanted one? needed one? I absolutely LOVE it!! It is extra long, and has five slots!! I"m going to have to go shopping to get more rulers!! hip hip hooray!!



My rulers are all so happy, I think I can hear them giggling in the next room! tee hee, they will nest good tonight, Thank you, Dear Norma!!
I hope you all have happy rulers!
lyn

9 comments:

Lorraine said...

sounds like you had a wonderful time.....I am just starting to get into the Christmas spirit!! I need to get the decorations up....and I wish we had that snow here ...it looks amazing...probably not as much fun as it looks though!!.....wow that ruler caddy is awesome.....I must put one of those on my list!!! My rulers are all over the room and hide under fabric so one of those would be just the ticket.....the prince reads blogs so I will have to steer him over to yours...LOL

Amelia said...

Love looking at the pictures of the snow...just glad you have it and we don't...however evening weather said we had a chance come Tuesday.

How exciting having Santa's visit....I can remember as a child we had an uncle that would dress up as Santa...by this time I was old enough to know who it was...but it was so exciting for the little ones.

Norma said...

You just made my great white hunter's day! (no caps.....so it is just him, not any Great White Hunter.....My great white hunter! LOL) He doesn't pay any attention to the blogs so seeing his creation there was a thrill.

Knot Garden said...

Your snow looks wonderful, just like a Christmas card. We had a tiny bit of snow last week but it didn't last long.

Katie said...

Love your snow pictures. I love looking at it from long distance without having to shovel it or drive in it. So nice you had a wonderful gathering. My hubby was Santa at family gatherings, too. Nice memories.

Finn said...

Great pictures Granny *VBS* So happy you have all that and we only have a few inches! I'd forgotten you get 'lake effect' snow where you are....that really adds to the total.
The cookies look wonderful! And yes, I too, have happy rulers *VBS* Big hugs, Finn

Sara said...

How exciting that your dear hubby is Santa, and its great that the kids didn't recognize him!! How fun!

I love the ruler caddy...hmmm, maybe I can get DH to make one for me! Then maybe I wouldn't step on them and worry about breaking them!

Sara said...

Jessi also looks quite a bit (okay practically spitting image) and acts like her favorite aunt! LOL!

Sara said...

Merry Christmas!